Thursday, March 20, 2008

Waiting ...

I'm an impatient person by nature. I hate to wait and I only have patience with children, the elderly and animals. There is no middle ground.

BUT, I gotta tell you. My new little nephew is trying my patience by insisting on staying in the womb. It's good that he is, because he is very small and his lungs aren't developed yet ... but he's late. REALLY late. I had hoped to have had pictures of him already and been able to talk about him but he just does not want to come out. I'm figuring he's going to be an Easter baby ... and everyone will be at the hospital in their Easter finery. And I will probably end up forgetting all about the ham that I will have likely put in the oven before I receive the call. Hopefully, in my mad dash out of the house, camera in hand, I remember to turn the oven off so I have a home to come back to!

Since I can't show off the new bundle of joy, I will show off my favorite camera subject. You would not believe the things she has told me this week. They are, in no particular order:

"I smack you ass mommy."

"I don't love you ANY MORE."

"I don't want you ANY MORE."

"I going to punch you in the eye."

"You are mean, and I'm going to tell Willis on you."

Those are just some of her favorite phrases to throw at me lately. She actually told me she hated me about a month ago, and even though I KNOW she had no clue what she was saying, a little piece of me died. All I could think was that 12 or 13 years from now, when she's saying it again, she's going to know what she is saying and she may very well mean it. I have NO idea how I will be able to bear hearing those words when she is in the throws of teen angst and thinks that her mother is just a big pain in the ass that she has to deal with until she is legal.

For now, she's an angel and usually wants only her mommy. I don't want that to ever change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home