Friday, April 04, 2008

What a week ...

I took off of work today to take PJ to get his learner's permit and he promptly failed the test at question #15. We go back for round 2 tomorrow and hopefully he will get through the test and we will walk out of there with a shiny new piece of plastic identification to put into his wallet. And I am betting that it will take him less than two weeks to lose it. Anyone want to make any wagers? Maybe I should start a pool. The boy loses EVERYTHING, so it's only a matter of time and someone will profit from it. May as well make it worth someone's time, right?

Still no baby nephew to show off. Things aren't looking good. He will be taken by c-section at 3:30pm this afternoon and we are all praying for the best outcome possible. The doctors are not too optimistic since he is still very, very small ... 2 1/2 pounds small at 4 weeks late. I just don't know what to make of things. He's a fighter right?! He has had a strong heartbeat all of this time ... he has survived while his twin did not ... he's hanging in there. Hopefully, he will continue to do so and prove the doctors wrong.

I also received a phone call from the kids' grandmother last night. She has been diagnosed with stage 1 bladder cancer. The prognosis is good and stage 1 out of 14 is very promising. She will be having surgery to remove the pollup/tumor, and then will be tested every three months for any return of the cancer. She's optimistic. Me? I feel like someone is beating the shit out of me with a sledge hammer this week!!!

After all of the stressful news, it's time to look at my little impish child. She's always so full of life and energy and when things get me down, I just hold on to her until things are all better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home