Friday, April 04, 2008

I scare myself

So, those who have known me for awhile, know that I am apt to blurt out to people at times that they are pregnant. I have a track record of six for six with one possible pregnancy still not confirmed. Not confirmed to me, at least. I've always been pretty intuitive and I have always passed it off as some freakish sixth sense that only had to do with pregnancy.

Well ......

For the last two weeks I have had this freakish fear that they have been trying to make my little nephew come out while he isn't ready. They have been inducing up the wazoo, literally, and it's been freaking me out but I hadn't said anything to anyone. Until yesterday. I finally spoke up to my mother of my suspicion and confided that I thought I had completely lost my mind.

You see, I have had this feeling that my nephew was conceived after his sibling. My brother's girlfriend is pregnant with "twins" but one has not survived. I'm crazy, right? You can't get pregnant while you are already pregnant with a viable fetus. Right?

WRONG!

It's called superfetation.

I thought that my intuition had gone all freakazoid and shit and that if I told anyone what I had thought, I would be carted off to St E's and quickly thrown into a padded room. Hey ... my going around and saying "ummm ... I think you're pregnant, did you happen to know?" would have had me burned at the stake not too long ago.

While I was confessing my insanity to my mother on the phone, my nephew's mother was in the ob/gyn's office being told that she had conceived him approximately 12 to 14 weeks after the conception of the other fetus. They have been inducing for the past 2 weeks and he isn't due for another 6 weeks from their test results.

So, no nephew for me yet. And he has a good chance. And I'm going to go hide from the internet peoples that happen to stumble across this and think I'm crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home