Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Holding her ...

… just a little tighter, and a little longer these days because you never know when it can just be taken away. In the blink of an eye, you can lose your child and the moments you thought could wait, will no longer be available to you. I don’t know how many times I have told Sage, just one minute or we’ll do it tomorrow. I can’t do that anymore because there is no guarantee that there will be a tomorrow.

In the past week, two bloggers that I read have lost their children. I can’t imagine the pain they are going through nor do I want to. It is a pain that no parent should ever have to endure.

Little Maddie, was just shy of turning 17 months old. Today, at 2:30PM PST, Heather and Mike, will be remembering their beautiful little girl and it breaks my heart. I will be lighting a candle and holding onto my own child and remembering the precious little imp that I have read about and adored from afar.


I will also be thinking of precious Thalon and his parents, Shana and Rich.

I can’t imagine their grief. I can’t imagine recovering from something like this. I don’t think I would be strong enough to do so. I know that anyone reading this would say “you do what you have to do” but I just can’t imagine it.

Please support Heather and remember Maddie by contributing to March of Dimes in Maddie’s name. Heather will be walking in her memory on April 25th. Or you can send a donation directly to Heather and Mike to help them financially in their time of need. A mailbox has been set up for them to receive donations.

Mike & Heather Spohr11870 Santa Monica Blvd. #106-514West Los Angeles, CA 90025

I am sure the wonderful and supportive friends that have stepped up to help Heather and Mike, will also try to help Shana and Rich. When I find any info on that, I will be sure to post it for those who wish to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home