Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Can't Think About it Now

... I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow."

So, why am I quoting Scarlett O'Hara? Other than this is pretty much the attitude I have all of the time now! Because really, I can't really deal with everything that goes on in my life and I must choose my battles one at a time or I will lose my ever loving mind.

But no, that is not why I am quoting Scarlett in all of her southern glory. The reason for the quote is my child. I think she is channeling Vivienne Leigh at her best. My precious little daughter has started to become a major DRAMA QUEEN.

She is very willful and definitely has a mind of her own. So much so, that she is starting to drive me a little crazy. When she isn't channeling Vivienne Leigh, she is a dwarf-sized incarnation of Hitler. If I tell her that she is not allowed to do something ... she will do it anyway, and make sure to laugh at me and let me know that she doesn't care that I have told her no. It has gotten so bad that I decided that I didn't care how long it was going to take, I was going to make sure that she did not do what I had forbid her from doing. By the end of our 45 minute stand-off, I didn't even remember what she had been doing to begin with. All I knew was that I was bone-weary from having to physically restrain her.

She screamed at me so much, in her rage, that she gave herself a headache. After all was said and done, she crawled up into my lap to tell me that she was sorry and with all of the flair of Miss Scarlett O'Hara herself, she flung back against me, placed the back of her hand to her forehead and said "Mommy ........ I have SUCH a headache."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I know your pain. My 11-year-old stepson recently complained that he was having an anxiety attack.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, I so know how you feel. hang in there. You are fighting the good fight.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home