Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gymnastics

I haven't been that great on the Mommy front when it comes to getting my child involved in extra curricular activities thus far. With her father being gone for 18 months and the mounting debt that ensued, I never really had the money or the time to do so.

His being home now and working full-time has eased up the day to day debt and given me a little more time to pursue other interests and I signed her up for a gymnastics class over a month ago. I thought it would be cute. Preschool gymnastics for six weeks to get her out of the house and interacting with children her own age beyond her daycare classroom. Nothing could be better, right?

Wrong. I somehow missed the entire concept of it being a parent/child participation activity! How do you miss something like that? Don't get me wrong, I love doing things with her and I am sure it will be fun but a few things have me worried.

1. NOT flexible. Not in the least! Will likely injure myself in places I did not know exist.

2. OLD! I'm not going to be as young as the other mothers in that class. I am almost willing to bet an entire paycheck on it.

3. Pictures. How in the hell am I supposed to take pictures of my child in her very first, oh so cute gymnastics class if I am participating???

Number three up there. That is the killer for me. I am in heaven watching my child in her moments of pure joy and being able to photograph those moments as keepsakes. The only person who may be interested in going is my mother. And well, she admits whole heartedly that she SUCKS at taking pictures. I bought her a digital camera years ago to try to encourage her with the thought that she can delete them if they aren't what she wanted, so she doesn't waste money having bad pictures developed. That idea ... it didn't work so well. Dad will take pictures all day long if the opportunity presents itself. Dad also has a bad back and is in almost constant pain, so going to a gymnastics class at 10AM on Saturday mornings to stand on a hard floor and take pictures for 45 minutes. Not likely happening!

It's driving me bat-shit crazy at the moment that I haven't yet figured out how to participate with my child and take pictures. I am at a loss.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUH!!!! Didn't one of the boys express a bit of interest in a camera not too long ago? Ask him.

Love,
Your West Coast faerie goddessmamma

6:50 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

And he quickly lost interest when he got his Strat! He hasn't picked up his camera in over six months!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home