Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend

Wow, I really suck at this, don't I? I think about it, I plan, I get distracted! This weekend was hectic to start out and then pretty subdued by the end. Friday evening, I finally got out Sage's little ducky "pool" for her to play with. It's a blow-up ring that has a chamber in the center to fill with water. She didn't really know what to make of it and kept wanting to lick it. I got some cute pictures which I will add to this posting this evening.

After feeding Sage on Saturday morning, I took her and Kaylie to CostCo with me. When we got there, I popped Sage's little tushie into the baby bjorn and off we went ... and I spent the next 45 minutes getting pummelled in the thighs by tiny little feet. One woman actually stopped because she was laughing at her so hard. She had her little arms and legs going as fast as she could. By the time I got through the check out and got everything in the truck to head home, Sage had had enough. She was tired and hungry. I had to feed her as soon as we got home and she quickly fell alseep. Mom called right after Sage had fallen asleep and wanted to see her, so I took her up around noon. Worked out great ... gave me an excuse to be going back around 4:00pm and Mom still didn't know we had planned a surprise dinner for her that afternoon. Sage and I got home around 8:00 and she fell asleep not too much later.

Yesterday ... Mother's Day ... was not so out of the ordinary. Sage did allow me to get a little extra sleep. She got up at 4:00 and had a bottle, but was back asleep by 4:30am. Woke up again at 7:30am for another bottle and went back to sleep again! Yay ... Next thing I knew, I was waking up to little hands touching my face and the little monkey was laughing. I think she woke me up to just so I could see her new discovery ... her FEET. She won't leave them alone now. It's hilarious. She and I spent the day hanging out together and not doing much of anything.

She normally wears her sleepers on the weekend and this morning when I changed her and put a little pants outfit on her she looked down and was amazed by what she saw. Her mouth was open wide, she let out this excited sigh and instantly reached for her toes. She seems to be particularly fond of the big toe on her right foot. She keeps bringing that chunky little leg up as high as she can and grabbing her toe. I'm guessing that pudgy little digit will be in her mouth by the end of the week since everything else she grabs is fodder for her gums! On Saturday, she chewed on both mine and Mom's thumbs and Aunt Kathie's arm. I'm not sure if anyone else was subjected to her constant need to explore everything with her mouth and leave a trail of a baby drool a mile long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home