Wednesday, September 20, 2006

And the Angels Sang ...

There were no shots at Sage's well-baby visit yesterday. No one told me that there is a reprieve for the nine month visit. It was like the clouds had parted and a beautiful golden beam of light shone down upon us when her doctor said those words. No watching my poor child being held down and poked with hordes of needles! But we did have an argumentative nurse that tried to make me feel as if I didn't know my own child. She tried to tell me that she only weighed 16 pounds 14 ounces. I repeatedly said, that's not right, but she insisted that "oh yes it is ... they sometimes lose weight at this age because they are moving much more." Get a new job bitch ... not in my pediatricians office ... you have NO freakin clue ... be gone with you! My child, for the record, weighs 20 pounds 9.6 ounces, thank you very much.



I made myself ill yesterday dreading that damn visit, all for naught! Egads. But after I read the papers they gave me last night, I was sick again. It's something like FIVE shots next visit. FIVE!



So, instead of having a cranky baby in pain last night, I had this:
















Great, eh? And instead of cranky, fevered baby this morning, I got this:
















and this,
















Please forgive the red-eye. Mommy was tired this morning and couldn't angle the camera to save her damn life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home