Wednesday, September 06, 2006

OH! MY! GOD!

There was a complete meltdown of all order in my house last night and Sage has finally shown that she is, without ANY doubt, her father's child. She may look like mommy, but she acts like daddy! She has a temper that has now earned her the nickname "Little Napoleon."

The little conqueror usually takes a nap when we get home in the evening. It's only 30 minutes, but that 30 minutes is very important to the functioning of our household and mommy's sanity! She would NOT go to sleep for anything. By 6:30 she was pretty cranky and trying to get into everything. At 7:00 she was playing on the floor and for no apparent reason competely lost it, threw herself backwards and hit her head hard! It took me about ten minutes to finally calm her down and she looked up at me with the most angelic smile. HA! So not fair. I know they can switch moods in the bat of one of her long eye lashes but from the feet kicking, screaming banshee she was five minutes before that to the cuddly-I-love-my-mommy angel she became is just so damn extreme.

By 7:45, I was finally able to get her interested in her bottle and at 7:55 she was down for the count! For the entire night. She stirred and briefly fussed at about 4:45 this morning and promptly fell back asleep until I woke her up at 6:15.

Her little butt is taking a nap this evening ... even if I have to drive her around the entire freakin' state! And I need to find a way to get her to stop throwing herself backwards when she's mad and doesn't get her way. That, or I'm going to have to buy her one of those helmets to prevent her from cracking her skull in the near future. Won't that be a sight? She can't stand her hats on. I can only imagine the breakdown she'll have if I have to strap on a helmet that she can't get off. I don't want to even contemplate it ... it will be ugly.

Here are some pictures of her from the weekend before she turned into the Tuesday Terror!



This is ALL she wants to do. If she isn't standing there playing with her exersaucer, she's trying to pull herself up, falling or going after the television!








Mommy's little helper










She finally collapsed from exhaustion.










After the evil exersaucer bit her face!










Playing with her Uncle Lee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home